Indie-soul musician and visual artist Ray Mann has supported Al Green, Tori Amos, Jamie Lidell, Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings, De La Soul, Lauryn Hill, Aloe Blacc, Roy Ayers and many more.
Indie-Soul musician & visual artist Ray Mann has toured with Al Green and Tori Amos, supported Jamie Lidell, Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings and Roy Ayers, and shared festival stages with Lauryn Hill, De La Soul, Aloe Blacc and many more, and played headline tours and festivals in Australia, Japan, New Caledonia and Europe. Ray was born to Egyptian parents, was raised in Sydney, and is now based in Berlin.
After independently releasing his debut album, The Ray Mann Three, Ray relocated to Berlin and began an ambitious, innovative, interactive, online series: The ‘Sketches’ Project saw Ray create a new song & music video every month, with audience collaboration via social media. The project produced a collection of experimental music videos, the album Sketches, and a compilation of remixes, Skratches from producers including Deepchild, Karoshi and SWING-O 45. After years of shows with both the Berlin and Sydney lineups of his band, 2016 saw the release of double-length album The Ray Mann Three: Live at 505.
Ray’s self-made music videos have received award nominations and been featured on music television shows and festival screenings internationally, from “Indie of The Week” on Rage (ABC TV Australia), to Billboard Top 40 TV (Japan), to finalist in the Berlin Music Video Awards and VideoBites Festival (Berlin).
Ray’s intimate, soulful voice and unique, distinctive guitar playing have engaged audiences of all sizes, from cosy warehouses and small bars, to festival stages playing to thousands.
Live video: The Ray Mann Three, Berlin
Live video: The Ray Mann Three, Sydney
Music video: “Sometimes” (Nominated in Berlin Music Video Awards)
- “The Ray Mann Three fuse D’Angelo’s sex appeal with the grit of Tom Waits” – Sydney Morning Herald
- “The Ray Mann Three have the ability to propel you into a higher sphere allowing your soul and intellect to waltz into the lofty clouds of the unique” – Drum Media
- “Classic soul music with a modern twist… The musical atmosphere’s right for a band like this to break into the bigtime” – The Brag
- “Unbelievably good debut album… these guys are the next big thing” – MTV Australia
- “This is audio sex.” – Triple J
More / Music / Video / Gigs / Contact
Social / Facebook / Twitter / YouTube / Spotify / Soundcloud / Mixcloud / InstagramFollow: